Naomi and Ruth

Naomi and Ruth

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reminded to keep pressing on!

I feel like this has been a week full of  distractions. Distractions that are trying to take our focus off of what God has called us to do. To care for orphans in distress (James 1:27- Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep ones self unstained by the world.)  
 To be honest, we have questioned God's call more than once this week concerning going forward with our adoption. We are feeling confirmation in our quiet times alone and together that God is reaffirming our call to adopt a child fom Haiti. We know it will be a long process, and already feels daunting, but I am being reminded that I need to stay alert, on guard against the enemy working in my mind. (I Peter 5:8) I know doubt is not from the Holy Spirit, but from devil. Please pray that we will have clear discernment in these times!
Last weekend, we had been working diligently on getting papers ready for our file.  In addition, we had 80 letters ready to send out Monday. We considered waiting, or not sending them at all. We took a day to pray about it, and prayed over the letters. We prayed that they would be received the way we intended, and not appearing to seek selfish gain.  After hesitating, and more joint prayer,  we decided to send our first 80 in the mail, and now have 30 more ready to send tomorrow!

I have always loved the comfort of Jer 29:11- For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for peace and not evil to give you a future and a hope.

I am holding on to that truth and we are so excited to know God is in control of our lives every step of this process.  Please, please pray for our family during this process. I will do my best to continue to keep you informed of our journey, but right now we covet your prayers and encouragment.

I am so thankful for the living word of God and the ecouragement it is to me!  And I am reminded once again to keep pressing on!
Phi 3:14- I press on toward to goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I see you got the "donate" link up! Good for you! hugs!

    ReplyDelete