Naomi and Ruth

Naomi and Ruth

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Prayer Braiding

I can't believe I've let a whole year go by since I've last updated. So much has transpired this year. It really is a shame to miss. To summarize, quickly, and I mean quickly....I'll include some of the highlights. Hopefully, you already know that Ezekiel Jason, "Zeke" joined our family as the fourth brother on December 22, 2011. He is such an easy going baby, and has been loved- adored by us all!

We have made much progress with our adoption process to bring Ruth and Naomi home. Jason went for a visit in October, alone. (I was too with-child to travel). Then, I went for a very needed visit in February along with Jacob, our 6 yr old. It is so encouraging to visit them and to know they are doing as well as can be, for being orphans in a third world country. But, I cannot describe the ache it is to say good-bye again and again.

Then, last month, we went with a group of teens from our church to do mission work, while completing some adoption work as well. Jacob and Isaac, our oldest two boys were part of the team and were able to spend the week with their sisters, too. We were able to see both Ruth and Naomi walking! They don't seem like such babies anymore, but toddlers!

They each have their own personality, which simply melts my heart. To say we are anxious for our girls to come home, is an understatement. They already feel like part of our family. I find myself hesitating to take pictures of the 4 boys, or of the 6 of us together, since it feels like our two sisters are missing. Numerous times a day, we talk about Ruth and Naomi, or imagine what life will be like when they are finally home with us. We are trying our best to be patient in this time of waiting, but we are more than excited to start our lives together with them.

Today, as I was doing my hair, and praying for Ruth and Naomi, I started to braid, since I am SO READY to do my baby girls' hair! And the verse came to me about three strands being stronger than two. There is power in more people praying with us. We know this, and we need you to praying and believe with us!  Believe me, we are praying daily, fasting, and asking others to pray with us. But God placed an idea in my mind that feels corny more tangible...

Ecclesiastes 4:12
A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back to back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple braided cord is not easily broken.

What I'm asking is- Will you braid with me? When you tell us you are praying for this overwhelming adoption process, for the President of Haiti to sign our dispensation, for our finances to come together, we are touched! There is nothing more encouraging than knowing you are lifting us before our Lord, the most high God!
I will be braiding my hair (or a section of my hair) as I pray, at least until President Martelly signs our papers. Will you braid with me, as you pray?

No matter the style of your hair, we ask you to pray that this dispensation will be signed before August 1. (that's next week!) I promise to keep you informed, when we hear he has signed!

Thank you, dear friend for standing with us, and making us feel supported in this long journey.

May God richly Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment